Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I Bought Something Today : RB25DET

Not just any RB25DET.  An RB25DET, Automatic, and all wheel drive.

RB25 Auto AWD-3

Its been up on eBay for a while. The price had been steadily dropping from $1299 down to $1099 recently. A while ago I offered the guy $1000 for it.

RB25 Auto AWD

I tried him at $900, but he came back at $1000 shipped. Its a decent enough price for something that I don’t really “need”, so I bought it.

Now the question is going to be, what am I going to do with it ?  I am not even sure which automatic transmission it has. If its something I can even do anything with.  The transfercase looks familar. 

The RB25 oilpan rail bolts are at a little different location than the RB26, so I will have a look at that. I have made some fun of the non- RB26’s in the past, but I actually like the ones I have had a chance to play with. The response due to the variable intake timing, makes them come up quick.

I have some ideas, have some plans.  Just need to find time and money as usual.  Maybe I can find someone to help me out with some parts ?

No comments:

Post a Comment